May 15, 2009
And yet there are some European cities who have hosted and will host the music contest who are definitively hostile to gays, like this year's host city, Moscow, whose mayor stated of gay parades, “Not only do they destroy morals within our society, but they consciously provoke disorder that threatens the lives of Muscovites and visitors.”. It's like straight men who have sex with men, but only if they're tied up and blindfolded.
Video found over at Joe.My.God.
May 13, 2009
May 12, 2009
Got this from one of Kevin's friends and then from Kevin also.
April 22, 2009
Sent to me by Jim from the office.
April 20, 2009
If you haven't been following it, I'll give you a quick rundown of what this is about.
- The National Organization for Marriage responded to the Iowa ruling and the new Vermont law allowing gay marriage by creating this wildly dishonest commercial that was designed to scare people into opposing gay marriage.
- The commercial mentions a "rainbow coalition," which is a phrase used in the past to describe gay organizations.
- NOM also came up with an anti-gay campaign called 2 Million for Marriage, handily abbreviated 2M4M, which alludes to more gay sex.
- The HRC somehow got a hold of some of the audition tapes for that commercial, which were really very bad.
- Lots of people started making parodies of the commercial including these people--
- --who just released the video above as a spoof on the audition videos as well.
I think this Coming Storm commercial and the subsequent 2M4M idea are far worse than the "tea bag" missteps in the Tea Party campaign and am inclined to believe that this will work more for gay marriage than against.
April 07, 2009
April 05, 2009
one who firmly believes in not paying for e.g. software, films, music. Generally an avid proponent of p2p filesharing
April 03, 2009
April 02, 2009
April 01, 2009
Fortunately, she loves pandas and she's here to help.
From Google, natch.
Update: Then there's this, which just happens to be what I'm going to name my first child.
March 30, 2009
Well, the Cartoon Network has a new cartoon out now called the League of Super Evil (L.O.S.E.) and it is HYSTERICAL. The art is good. The voice work is great. The writing is awesome.
It's about a team of supervillains in a subdivision. There's Voltar, the leader; Red Menace, a big, happy, nice guy who is inexplicably on a bad guy team; Doktor Frogg, an evil scientist who gets hurt by his inventions a lot; and Doomageddon, their interdimensional dog. And they have hijinks and they're awesome.
This is pretty obviously made for boys, but girls should like it, too, I think.
March 28, 2009
March 25, 2009
March 23, 2009
I'm not sure how it calculates it... maybe it's your number of followers or something. Still. Crazy!
March 17, 2009
Here's the original:
February 28, 2009
I went to a party last night in an Irish bar in North East Philly (Apparently, if you're from the north east, the particular section of the city will be meaningful to you.) and "Ice Ice Baby" came on.
I mentioned that I had never heard the whole song before and this young woman in the group said she loves Vanilla Ice and that he is "so hot!"
She didn't stop there. She then told us how she was upset when after inviting him to attend her wedding he didn't even respond to decline the invitation.
February 18, 2009
(This isn't literally true. The person is exaggerating to demonstrate a particular physiological phenomenon. I don't necessarily agree with portions of her explanation, but it's still an interesting thing to contemplate.)
February 16, 2009
I suspect subliminal messages are involved.
February 14, 2009
February 13, 2009
- I find your lack of pants disturbing.
- The Force is strong in my pants.
- You came in those pants? You're braver than I thought.
- In his pants you will find a new definition of pain and suffering
- Han'll have those pants down - we've gotta give him more time!
- Curse my metal pants.
- See through pants, we can.
- I happen to like nice pants.
Found at Kottke.
Basically, you manipulate the particular gravitational forces that act upon blocks to position them over their outlines in order to move to the next level. The first levels are easy-peasy, but the later levels take some real trying.
I probably would not play this game without a mouse, so if you have one out those laptop pad thingies, this might not be as fun for you.
February 03, 2009
Poor little fella!
Hat tip: Chesterfly
Powered by Minx 1.1.4-pink.